Overview of Vitamins D and K by Life Extension
Getting in your daily requirement of vitamin D from sun exposure or vitamin K from green leafy vegetables is not always easy. These convenient capsules by Life Extension make for an efficient and easy way to get all the great health benefits from vitamins D and K.
What are vitamins, D and K?
Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin called cholecalciferol that is essential for the maintenance of healthy bones1, supporting the muscles2 and immune system3 and helping the body absorb calcium4, which in turn helps to support normal muscle function2.
Vitamin K is an essential nutrient that plays a vital role in helping the blood clot5, which affects the way the body bruises and bleeds. It also supports your bones6, making sure you feel strong both in and out of the gym so you can give it your all when training.
What foods contain vitamins, D and K?
The body is capable of making vitamin D, but it requires sunlight exposure to do it; hence vitamin D is often called the sunshine vitamin. Small amounts of vitamin D exists in foods such as fatty fish, egg yolks, and fortified foods, but the majority of people do not get enough from their everyday diet.
Vitamin K is found in primarily in vegetables - especially in green leafy vegetables, vegetable oils, and some fruits.
Discover more health supplements from Life Extension's vitamins and minerals range here.
Key benefits of Vitamins D and K by Life Extension
- Bursting with 125mcg of vitamin D
- Helps your immune system3
- Supports normal bones and muscle function1,2
- Convenient capsule supplement
What can I expect from Vitamins D and K by Life Extension?
You must stay topped up on vitamin D, and Life Extension's capsules give you a convenient option when you cannot depend on your diet or sunlight exposure alone.
What are the health benefits of vitamins D and K?
Each capsule delivers 125mcg of vitamin D, which supports your immune system3, helping you to stay fit and in the game.
Vitamin D also helps to keep your muscles and bones in great condition1,2, which is crucial whatever your goals are.
Furthermore, vitamin D also contributes to the normal absorption of calcium and phosphorus4, blood calcium levels7, and maintaining healthy teeth8, making it an essential addition to your diet.
Each capsule also holds 2100mcg of vitamin K, which helps maintain normal bones6 and normal blood clotting5.
1. Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
2. Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function.
3. Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
4. Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus.
5. Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting.
6. Vitamin K contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
7. Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels.
8. Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth.
What works well with Vitamins D and K by Life Extension?
The ultimate blend of vitamin D and -K offers a whole host of different health benefits. Still, your body needs other vitamins and minerals too, so we recommend taking it with Two-Per-Day Capsules, which is jam-packed with over 25 essential nutrients.